Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sarah Palin Results

I recently sent a query to media and marketing experts on why it seems we're seeing soooooo many advertisments featuring women that bear a resemblance to Sarah Palin. And whether I was insane for thinking its a conspiracy

Here are some of the better responses on this marketing phenomenon:
From Deb Robison:
This is an observation two different friends made:"More women seem to be wearing glasses because of her." They both really bought into that idea. Anway, wanted to share that.
Deb Robison http://www.icantkeepup.blogspot.com/

From Teajai Kimsey
Michael -No, you're not insane. I had my reading glasses on and took a look in the mirror and I even resemble Sara Palin... and I really thought my new hairstyle was trendsetting and different! And friends at college even have similar "palinesque" qualities.Have a great day!
Teajai 'T J' Kimsey--
Internet Marketing Consultant &Web Strategist http://www.ideasthatwork.net/

From Bonnie Russell
Dear Michael,
It's very easy to look like Sarah because she is good looking in a non-descript sort of way.
She has a good complexion and no real standout features.

However, the ease of looking like Palin was brought home by the View's Sherri Shepherd, a rather heavy set black woman who appeared in glasses and an upswept 'do'.

Son of a gun, (no pun) there was a resemblance.
Unfortunately, Sherri made the mistake of saying she put on the glasses to look smarter and Joy had a field day with that comment.

However, it's easy to look like Sarah in another way. I noticed her hair was a little stringy, a little dirty during her spot with Katie Couric yesterday and what woman hasn't had that happen?

Meow.
Most sincerely,
Bonnie Russell http://www.1st-pick.com/
We only work with the best. It's simpler that way.

From Matt Scherer
Michael,
It's not the infatuation with Sarah Palin, but the fact that everyone loves Tina Fey. Don't you know they were twin sisters of different mothers who were separated at birth?--
Matt Scherer, President, Scherer Communications
Email: mattscherer@gmail.com
Blog: http://mattscherer.blogspot.com/

Keep em coming gang - I find this fascinating
MH

2 comments:

Lisa Braithwaite said...

Michael, before I bought a silver Nissan Sentra, I never noticed them on the road; now it seems like everybody drives one.

I think we're seeing more of Palin's look because we are now conscious of that look. And the Tina Fey connection just magnifies it.

I did do a double take after her first speech when I saw a woman on a commercial who looked just like her -- but that commercial had been airing long before the speech. My awareness had just shifted.

Michael Hart said...

I guess you're right Lisa. The responses certainly agreed with your assessment. But boy it sure seems like the "Palin Sightings" have been increasing. If it was not a planned advertising attack maybe it should have been