Tuesday, September 15, 2009

An example of some really bad PR

During a recent interview Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor had some really stupid things to say. Here is an excerpt from the audio and an example of what really bad press looks like, enjoy...

Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor showed up for his first game of the year with Michael Vick's name written on his eye black. Then he proceeded to play like Marcus Vick at home. Brian Rolle saved the day with his intercepted two-point conversion, but unfortunately he couldn't save Pryor from a disastrous postgame interview where he tried to explain his face tribute to Philadelphia's backup quarterback. The quote in question:

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I think that people need a second chance, and I've always looked up to Mike Vick, and I always will."

I would be so offended right now if I understood what the hell that meant. Everyone murders people? When did this happen? If Terrelle Pryor still looks up to his childhood hero, that's fine, but maybe college football players should not be allowed to make any kind of strong statement about the nature of our society. Sort of like how political science majors shouldn't be allowed to lecture me about fascism. I know the manager at your Starbucks is a jerk, but that doesn't mean he's part of the military-industrial-narco syndicate that really runs the Department of Homeland Security.

No comments: